Today, Apple held its keynote for its WWDC 2021 convention, saying large updates for all of its working programs, together with iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, tvOS 15, and naturally, macOS Monterey.
macOS Monterey has a whole lot of new stuff, equivalent to Universal Control, which helps you to management a number of gadgets with the keyboard and trackpad on one Mac. There’s additionally a brand-new Safari app, the flexibility to AirPlay to a Mac, and extra.
As normal, you’ll be able to check out the macOS Monterey beta proper now. All developer betas are actually accessible.
List of Macs suitable with macOS Monterey
- iMac late 2015 and newer
- iMac Pro 2017 and newer
- MacE book Air early 2015 and newer
- MacE book Pro early 2015 and newer
- Mac Pro late 2013 and newer
- Mac mini late 2014 and newer
- MacE book early 2016 and newer
How to put in macOS Monterey
Out of the completely different betas which you can set up, macOS Monterey is all the time by far the simplest. The solely actual downside right here is that with macOS, there’s no easy one-click backup answer such as you get with iOS. I all the time advocate storing all essential information within the cloud, so if you need to begin recent, your information are all the time proper there.
1. Go to Apple Developer -> Develop -> Downloads and obtain the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility.
2. Open the file you downloaded and observe the on-screen directions.
3. After that, it’s going to launch the System Preferences and present you macOS 12.
4. Click the button to put in it within the pop-up, after which observe any on-screen directions.
As all the time, it’s value remembering that that is an early developer beta of macOS Monterey, and it’s meant for builders. This goes to be unstable. A public beta goes to be accessible in just a few weeks, and it’s suggested that you just anticipate that. Of course, for those who simply can’t wait, the developer beta is right here.
- How do I install Mac Os Monterey Beta?
Download the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility from the download page. Open the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility and follow the instructions. Once installation is complete, you'll be presented with the macOS beta in the Mac App Store. Click the Download button to install the beta.
- Is macOS Monterey beta stable?
As all the time, it’s value remembering that that is an early developer beta of macOS Monterey, and it’s meant for builders. This goes to be unstable. A public beta goes to be accessible in just a few weeks, and it’s suggested that you just anticipate that.
- How do I go from macOS developer to public beta?
Tap Settings > General > Software Update and install the update. Don't see an available update? Remove the developer beta by restoring your device. Or, if you already removed the beta profile, enroll your device in the public beta program or developer beta program again.